Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 26 October 2016 26 October 2016
To Doug Schneider,
Just saw your BeoLab 90 video -- superb. Wondering if you have reviewed it in detail and what are your thoughts. I had an epiphany once in a B&O showroom with the BeoLab 90, but it was with unfamiliar music and the setting was a typical noisy showroom. Still, I think it was an eye-opening experience. I have not had a chance to go back for a second listen but would be very interested to hear your thoughts.
I have not formally reviewed the BeoLab 90; in fact, I don’t know anyone who has. My experience with the 90 seems to be a little more extensive than yours in that I have heard it three times, but, like you, these were in unfamiliar settings and with music I don’t normally listen to. Still, I was so impressed the first time, which was at CES 2016, that I wrote “CES 2016 Shocker: The B&O BeoLab 90s Blew Me Away!” on our SoundStage! Global site when we were show reporting from there. The other two demos, which were in Denmark, only served to reinforce what I heard at CES 2016. That, though, is all I can tell you. . . . Doug Schneider