Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-08-19 - Wharfedale Diamond 225 vs. SVS Prime Bookshelf
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 26 October 2016 26 October 2016
To Doug Schneider,
Just saw your BeoLab 90 video -- superb. Wondering if you have reviewed it in detail and what are your thoughts. I had an epiphany once in a B&O showroom with the BeoLab 90, but it was with unfamiliar music and the setting was a typical noisy showroom. Still, I think it was an eye-opening experience. I have not had a chance to go back for a second listen but would be very interested to hear your thoughts.
I have not formally reviewed the BeoLab 90; in fact, I don’t know anyone who has. My experience with the 90 seems to be a little more extensive than yours in that I have heard it three times, but, like you, these were in unfamiliar settings and with music I don’t normally listen to. Still, I was so impressed the first time, which was at CES 2016, that I wrote “CES 2016 Shocker: The B&O BeoLab 90s Blew Me Away!” on our SoundStage! Global site when we were show reporting from there. The other two demos, which were in Denmark, only served to reinforce what I heard at CES 2016. That, though, is all I can tell you. . . . Doug Schneider