Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 January 2017 15 January 2017
To Hans Wetzel,
Great and informative article on the [Luxman] L-550AX. I am thinking of buying one but I am worried that it might not have enough power to drive my Spendor D7 floorstanders in a medium-sized room (4m x 6m). I am running a MacBook to the stunning Questyle CMA800i DAC-headphone amp. Any thoughts?
Cheers and thanks,
Spendor’s D7 is specified as having a sensitivity of 90dB (1W/m), which is above average. Combined with the fact that Luxman rates their amps’ power outputs very conservatively, and that your room isn’t particularly large, I think the L-550AX would be a fine choice provided that you won’t be playing organ music at ear-splitting levels. Do it! . . . Hans Wetzel