Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 16 January 2011 16 January 2011
To S. Andrea Sundaram,
Is the Audio Research VSi60’s power enough for Wilson Audio’s Sophia Series 3 speaker?
Thank you for your time.
The Audio Research VSi60 is rated at 50Wpc, and I have no reason to doubt that rating. Fifty watts will drive most speakers in a mid-sized room to very satisfying levels.
The Wilson Audio Sophia Series 3 is rated at 87dB for a 1W input. Its impedance is rated at 4 ohms, but since the VSi60 has 4-ohm taps on its output transformers, you shouldn't have any trouble. . . . S. Andrea Sundaram