Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 16 January 2011 16 January 2011
To S. Andrea Sundaram,
Is the Audio Research VSi60’s power enough for Wilson Audio’s Sophia Series 3 speaker?
Thank you for your time.
The Audio Research VSi60 is rated at 50Wpc, and I have no reason to doubt that rating. Fifty watts will drive most speakers in a mid-sized room to very satisfying levels.
The Wilson Audio Sophia Series 3 is rated at 87dB for a 1W input. Its impedance is rated at 4 ohms, but since the VSi60 has 4-ohm taps on its output transformers, you shouldn't have any trouble. . . . S. Andrea Sundaram