Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 14 February 2011 14 February 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Like you, I really like the Revel Ultima Salon2 speakers. I liked them so much that I purchased a pair last year. I'm now in the process of upgrading the preamplifier and the amplifier. Considering McIntosh and ARC as possibilities. What electronics are you using to drive these beauties?
The Salon2s seem to work best with very high-powered amps. The amps I currently have with them are the Bryston 4BSST2 stereo amplifier (300Wpc into 8 ohms) and the Simaudio 400M mono amplifiers (400W into 8 ohms). I have a number of preamplifiers in-house right now, but my favorite is the JE Audio VL10.1, an all-tube unit that really sounds special. Look for a review of it in the next couple of months. . . . Doug Schneider