Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2011 07 March 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Just wondering which you would choose between the Simaudio Moon i5.3 and Classé Audio CAP-2100 integrated amplifiers. The Simaudio Moon i5.3 is no longer in production, but is one of my favorites. The CAP-2100 is one I would also like to have. Which is your favorite?
Thanks for your time reading this and responding.
These are excellent integrated amplifiers, so it’s not surprising that you like them so much. Which one would I choose? The answer is not as simple as just picking one over the other. The decision has mostly to do with what speakers I’d be using these amplifiers with, as well what the other pieces of equipment in the system are. Moral of the story: amplifiers don’t work in isolation, always consider the other components in the system, particularly the speakers. . . . Doug Schneider