Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 22 May 2011 22 May 2011
To Doug Schneider,
I am currently looking for an upgrade to either the Simaudio Moon Evolution 600i or 700i, or to the Devialet D-Premier. I read your reviews and both integrated amps seem to be very well commented on. May I know what you would choose if you were me?
This is a great question. The Devialet D-Premier is more expensive than both Simaudio models you mentioned, but it also contains a DAC. If your plan is to use the D-Premier through its digital inputs, which means you’d feed it a digital signal from a computer or disc server, then I’d recommend it, providing you can afford what it costs. I’ve found no integrated amplifier that’s better when fed a digital source. But if you already have another DAC or disc player and wish to use the digital-to-analog converter in one of those devices and feed the analog signal into the D-Premier, then the answer isn’t so clear. In fact, in that case I’d probably lean more to the Simaudio pieces because they’re priced a little cheaper and are also capable of providing outstanding sound quality. . . . Doug Schneider