Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2011 17 June 2011
To Randall Smith,
That was a really interesting review of the Boulder 865 integrated amp. I wonder if you've ever heard the Balanced Audio Technology integrated with the 6H30 tubes. It's better than the separates I used to own, but I don't know how it would stand up to more recent integrateds like Simaudio or Boulder. I would be interested in your comments, and I do recommend hearing the BAT if you haven't done so.
All the best,
I'm glad you enjoyed the Boulder 865 review. Unfortunately, I have not heard the BAT integrated. The 865 has a very precise and detailed sound that is neutral without being dry and analytical. It doesn't have the warmth of a tube amp, so it may not be your cup of tea. However, if you have the chance, please take the opportunity to listen to this special integrated. I loved having it in my system and hated to see it go. Let me know if you ever do hear it! . . . Randall Smith