Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 October 2011 07 October 2011
To Doug Schneider,
I read your review of the Definitive Technology Mythos STS speakers. I own a pair of Energy Veritas 2.3s, a good speaker, but how do you think they compare to the STS speakers? Is this an upgrade in your opinion? Purchasing solely on your reviews, which have always been great.
You picked the right time to write to me. At the precise moment your e-mail came in, I happened to be talking to one of the former designers of Audio Products International, the parent company behind the Energy brand before it got sold to Klipsch. Since I don’t know the 2.3s well enough, I asked him your questions. He said that the 2.3 was probably the best speaker in the Veritas line and that he’s unsure that you’d actually be upgrading. That’s not to say that the Mythos STS isn’t good, just that he isn’t sure it would be any better than what you have. Since I don’t know the 2.3 well enough other than what he said, I can’t guide you any further than that. . . . Doug Schneider