Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 October 2011 07 October 2011
To Doug Schneider,
I read your review of the Definitive Technology Mythos STS speakers. I own a pair of Energy Veritas 2.3s, a good speaker, but how do you think they compare to the STS speakers? Is this an upgrade in your opinion? Purchasing solely on your reviews, which have always been great.
You picked the right time to write to me. At the precise moment your e-mail came in, I happened to be talking to one of the former designers of Audio Products International, the parent company behind the Energy brand before it got sold to Klipsch. Since I don’t know the 2.3s well enough, I asked him your questions. He said that the 2.3 was probably the best speaker in the Veritas line and that he’s unsure that you’d actually be upgrading. That’s not to say that the Mythos STS isn’t good, just that he isn’t sure it would be any better than what you have. Since I don’t know the 2.3 well enough other than what he said, I can’t guide you any further than that. . . . Doug Schneider