Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 January 2012 24 January 2012
To Vade Forrester,
I congratulate you on your reviews of audio equipment!
Allow me to ask you a question about the Audio Research LS26 and the Bel Canto e.One PRe3: I possess a Pass Labs XA30.5 amp and would like to know which preamp you would recommend. Thank you for your answer.
I haven't heard the Bel Canto e.One PRe3, so I can't offer a comparison. I'd also need to know what type of music you prefer, how large your room is, what sources you listen to, what speakers you use, what cables you use, etc. A look at the specifications of the PRe3 shows that its input impedance is 10k ohms through its single-ended inputs. That impedance may be on the low side for use with tubed sources, if that matters to you. But I can tell you that I was impressed enough with the Audio Research LS26 to buy it, and would expect it to be a good match for the Pass Labs XA30.5. I hope that helps. . . . Vade Forrester