Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 25 April 2012 25 April 2012
To Doug Schneider,
I'm from Argentina. I want to buy Magico v2 speakers for my pair of McIntosh MC601 monoblock amplifiers. I also have an Ayon CD-55s CD player and my room is 4 x 4 meters. My question is: Will the Magico V2s work well with the McIntosh MC601s?
Magico's V2 is an excellent speaker, but it needs plenty of power to sound its best. Luckily, the MC601 mono amplifier can provide that -- it's rated to deliver 600W into 8, 4 or 2 ohms. I don't see any problem at all. . . . Doug Schneider