Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 14 May 2012 14 May 2012
To Doug Schneider,
How good are the [the KEF LS50] speakers? Are they on the same level as the Vivid Audio speakers sound-wise? Is the bass performance good?
Insofar as speaker engineering goes, KEF of Britain has few, if any, peers. They've made some extremely good speakers over the many years they've been in business, and they seem to be making some of the best right now.
The LS50s we heard in Munich and reported on in our show report on SoundStage! Global (see "KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50") sounded astonishingly good for the price, with bass that was extremely impressive, given the speakers' small size. But these were the prototypes, not the production models, so we'll have to wait until we get our review pair to really know how good they are and how they measure up to competitors. Right now, all that we can really say is that the LS50 looks to be an extremely promising design. . . . Doug Schneider