Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 14 May 2012 14 May 2012
To Doug Schneider,
How good are the [the KEF LS50] speakers? Are they on the same level as the Vivid Audio speakers sound-wise? Is the bass performance good?
Insofar as speaker engineering goes, KEF of Britain has few, if any, peers. They've made some extremely good speakers over the many years they've been in business, and they seem to be making some of the best right now.
The LS50s we heard in Munich and reported on in our show report on SoundStage! Global (see "KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50") sounded astonishingly good for the price, with bass that was extremely impressive, given the speakers' small size. But these were the prototypes, not the production models, so we'll have to wait until we get our review pair to really know how good they are and how they measure up to competitors. Right now, all that we can really say is that the LS50 looks to be an extremely promising design. . . . Doug Schneider