Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 25 June 2012 25 June 2012
To Doug Schneider,
I very much liked your feedback on two dream systems. I am considering buying the Devialet D-Premier or Ayre Acoustics electronics [to use] with Wilson Audio speakers. What would you choose?
The D-Premier houses a digital preamplifier, DAC, and power amplifier in one case -- it's truly an all-in-one electronics solution that I believe represents the state of the art in modern amplification. The VX-R is an outstanding stereo power amplifier -- in many ways, the best product of this type I've heard -- but you still need a preamplifier (likely the matching KX-R), DAC, and cabling to flesh out the front end for a complete system. Ultimately, both setups would likely work exceedingly well, but there's no way to say which one is better because there are so many variables. What you really must decide is if you want separates versus an all-in-one approach. . . . Doug Schneider