Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 06 July 2012 06 July 2012
To Doug Schneider,
I read your response in the SoundStage! Hi-Fi "Letters" section. In the interim, before you responded to my letter, I did have a chance to audition some Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 speakers and you were right. They were accurate, but not all that interesting and a bit dull and lifeless and no bass whatsoever. Didn't interest me at all.
Also heard some Audio Notes as well and you were right again. I have no idea how people could call that an exciting, interesting, musical speaker. It was completely average at best.
I will make a point of broadening my speaker horizons. You guys have been very accurate so far with your interpretation of the gear you review and describing what it sounds like.
I'm glad we're able to help and open those horizons. If you want to hear an "exciting, interesting, musical speaker," seek out Vivid Audio -- I think they're making some of the best speakers on the market right now. If those are too pricey or you can't find them, look for KEF's new R Series speakers, which are quite something. My review of the R500 will be online August 1. . . . Doug Schneider