Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 18 February 2013 18 February 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I just read the good review of the Anthem PVA 2 that forced me to buy one, but one thing I want to know: Is it possible to connect a different brand of preamplifier with the Anthem PVA 2? I don't have knowledge about audio components, but I am planning to buy one. That's why I decided to send you a message, so please let me know. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you so much.
To get to the point, the answer is yes. Depending on what you’re looking at, the combination might not be optimal, but I’m confident that it will at least be pretty good, since most preamps are designed to work with a broad-enough range of amplifiers. One thing to take note of, though, is that the PVA 2 has only singled-ended inputs, so make sure the preamplifier you get has single-ended outputs. That shouldn’t be too hard, mind you, since most do. . . . Doug Schneider