Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 July 2013 17 July 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I’ve read the interesting reviews on the Meitner MA-1 and EMM Labs DAC2X DACs on the Soundstage! Network, and I’ve seen your “Blogging On Audio” article on the MA-1 DAC and PRE2-SE preamplifier [on SoundStage! Global].
I would like to know if the PRE2-SE is a very good model. And will you write a review to let us know your opinion on this model versus other preamplifiers in this price range? And how about synergy with the MA-1 or DAC2X in a system?
Congratulations for your nice and informative job with the SoundStage! Network.
Thanks for the kind words. The EMM Labs PRE2-SE preamplifier is excellent and, yes, I will be reviewing it, but not right away because there are a number of products in my review queue ahead of it. It’ll be done before the end of the year, though.
Right now I’m using the PRE2-SE with the Meitner MA-1 almost all the time, but I hope by the time that I review it the DAC2X will be here so that I can use them together to see how well that duo works. . . . Doug Schneider