Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 02 August 2013 02 August 2013
To Doug Schneider,
Have you ever heard the Era D4s (now Peachtree Audio)? If so, do you think they are comparable to the Energy RC-10s (which are certainly less expensive)? I'm just trying to get a handle on value for small speakers in this price range.
I haven’t heard the D4, so I can’t tell you how it would compare to the RC-10, but I can tell you not to make a hasty decision. Insofar as “value” goes, they’re $699 per pair and for that much there are many other well-known, reputable brands I’d also look at. Here’s a short list in no particular order: Paradigm, Axiom Audio, PSB, KEF, Definitive Technology, Aperion Audio, GoldenEar Technology, Polk Audio, and B&W. I could name more, but that more or less tells you what they’re potentially up against, which is a very strong list of contenders making a lot of very competitive designs. My advice is to shop around before you buy. . . . Doug Schneider