Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 23 November 2013 23 November 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I heard that you are reviewing the Magico S5. Has the review been published? Can you tell me about the speaker, particularly how the S5 compares to the Vivid Audio Giya G2? Are there any other speakers you can also recommend?
The Magico S5 review is written, edited, and ready to be published on December 1, so check back then to read what I said about it in relation to the G2 as well as some other loudspeakers. As for what I’d recommend these days, I’ll just say that in the upper price ranges, the best-known companies that seem to be doing the very best work are Vivid Audio, Magico, Rockport Technologies, and TAD. Hopefully, I’ll have a TAD speaker here for review soon. In addition, I also have a speaker from Polymer Audio Research and I like it a lot as well -- you’ll be able to read about that likely on February 1. PAR is not such a well-known company, but they’re certainly doing some interesting things. . . . Doug Schneider