Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 23 November 2013 23 November 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I heard that you are reviewing the Magico S5. Has the review been published? Can you tell me about the speaker, particularly how the S5 compares to the Vivid Audio Giya G2? Are there any other speakers you can also recommend?
The Magico S5 review is written, edited, and ready to be published on December 1, so check back then to read what I said about it in relation to the G2 as well as some other loudspeakers. As for what I’d recommend these days, I’ll just say that in the upper price ranges, the best-known companies that seem to be doing the very best work are Vivid Audio, Magico, Rockport Technologies, and TAD. Hopefully, I’ll have a TAD speaker here for review soon. In addition, I also have a speaker from Polymer Audio Research and I like it a lot as well -- you’ll be able to read about that likely on February 1. PAR is not such a well-known company, but they’re certainly doing some interesting things. . . . Doug Schneider