Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 05 April 2014 05 April 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I am interested in buying Cambridge Audio Aero 2 speakers. I just moved into a condo and I own a Naim NAIT 5i v2 with an old pair of Energy Connoisseur C-4 speakers. I need to change the speakers. What do you think of the match of the Naim NAIT and the Aero 2s?
I can’t see any reason that your Naim integrated amp and the Cambridge Audio speakers wouldn’t work very well. The NAIT 5i is a very well-regarded amp that’s rated at 50Wpc (8 ohms). The Aero 2 is only moderately sensitive, but it’s very easy to drive. It’s also an extremely good sounding speaker for the price, which I wrote about in my review of it this month. In a small room like you’re describing, the pairing should be perfect. . . . Doug Schneider