Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 03 November 2014 03 November 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I'm not surprised by what you heard with the Luxman C-900u preamplifier. I've always lusted secretly after a Luxman, and now I scored my present L-503s. This integrated was made in Japan before the present 505 series and is a very rare bird. But oh does it make the Cambridge Aero 6es sing. I find the sound very engaging, constantly drawing me into the music. When it’s playing I can't get anything done. If I wanted something better (and don't we all), I would go to the L-550AX or L-590AX.
After I listened to the C-900u and M-900u together, I came to fully understand the popularity of this brand. As a result, I'm not surprised by what you say about the L-503s. By the way, my M-900u amplifier review will be published in December or January. After that, we hope to get the L-550AX or L-590AX in for review -- likely Hans Wetzel will do it for our SoundStage! Access publication. . . . Doug Schneider