Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 01 November 2015 01 November 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I read your article on speakers under $10,000. I am looking to spend more. Will you be writing an article on speakers more than $10,000? I was hoping you were going to write about that this month.
Sorry for disappointing you. I had not planned to write an article about speakers that cost more than $10,000 per pair, but I’ll tell you here what I’d look at if price were no object.
Without a doubt, I’d consider Focal’s Sopra No2, which I already mentioned in that article. The No2 is “only” $13,999 per pair, so you could obviously spend way more, but I loved the way the pair sounded when they were here. I would also look at KEF’s Blade and Blade Two, which cost about $32,000 and $25,000 per pair, respectively. They are really, really cool speakers, and technically, they are at the cutting edge. I’d also look at Vivid Audio’s B1 Decade, Giya G3, and Giya G2, which are about $30,000, $40,000, and $50,000 per pair. I think the folks at Vivid are making some of the very best passive speakers on the market right now. . . . Doug Schneider