Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2016 17 June 2016
To Garrett Hongo,
I suddenly find myself looking at DACs under $5000 (with a volume control). My search brought me to your (well written) review of the T+A DAC 8. Could you give me a short list of current DACs you like under $5k? Thanks in advance.
Nice to hear from you across the years. And thanks for your question and kind words about my review of the T+A DAC 8 ($3250). Other than the DAC 8, my list of current DACs with volume control under $5000 is fairly short: the Auralic Vega ($3500 and my reference), the Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus ($4995), and the Hegel HD30 ($4800) -- the latter two reviewed on SoundStage! Hi-Fi as well. My favorite moderately priced DAC is the Luxman DA-06 ($4990), but it has no volume control and therefore can’t directly drive a power amp. . . . Garrett Hongo