Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 03 November 2014 03 November 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I'm not surprised by what you heard with the Luxman C-900u preamplifier. I've always lusted secretly after a Luxman, and now I scored my present L-503s. This integrated was made in Japan before the present 505 series and is a very rare bird. But oh does it make the Cambridge Aero 6es sing. I find the sound very engaging, constantly drawing me into the music. When it’s playing I can't get anything done. If I wanted something better (and don't we all), I would go to the L-550AX or L-590AX.
After I listened to the C-900u and M-900u together, I came to fully understand the popularity of this brand. As a result, I'm not surprised by what you say about the L-503s. By the way, my M-900u amplifier review will be published in December or January. After that, we hope to get the L-550AX or L-590AX in for review -- likely Hans Wetzel will do it for our SoundStage! Access publication. . . . Doug Schneider