Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 03 November 2014 03 November 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I'm not surprised by what you heard with the Luxman C-900u preamplifier. I've always lusted secretly after a Luxman, and now I scored my present L-503s. This integrated was made in Japan before the present 505 series and is a very rare bird. But oh does it make the Cambridge Aero 6es sing. I find the sound very engaging, constantly drawing me into the music. When it’s playing I can't get anything done. If I wanted something better (and don't we all), I would go to the L-550AX or L-590AX.
After I listened to the C-900u and M-900u together, I came to fully understand the popularity of this brand. As a result, I'm not surprised by what you say about the L-503s. By the way, my M-900u amplifier review will be published in December or January. After that, we hope to get the L-550AX or L-590AX in for review -- likely Hans Wetzel will do it for our SoundStage! Access publication. . . . Doug Schneider