Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2017-11-23 - Revel's Salon2 -- Still One of the Best After All These Years?
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 September 2016 24 September 2016
To Doug Schneider,
Amphion has just introduced the new Argon 3LS! This is a complete new version of the very well-reviewed 3L. Instead of the vented cabinet, there is now a passive radiator, just like the 3S model, but in a cabinet of the same size as the 3L.
I have the Argon 3Ls myself, and I am very happy with them, playing in a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170/SDA-2400 system. I hope that you, as soon as possible, will make a review of the new Argon and compare it to the 3L.
It’s interesting that you bring the 3LS up, because Brent Butterworth just wrote about it when he covered CEDIA Expo. Brent’s description of the 3LS seems to confirm that the company is moving away from ported designs to ones with passive radiators, since this is the second new model configured like that.
Will we be reviewing a pair? We plan to ask the people at Amphion and see what comes of it. If we do review the 3L, chances are it will be assigned to Philip Beaudette, who already owns a pair of 3Ls and would be in the position to compare. . . . Doug Schneider