Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 26 October 2016 26 October 2016
To Doug Schneider,
Just saw your BeoLab 90 video -- superb. Wondering if you have reviewed it in detail and what are your thoughts. I had an epiphany once in a B&O showroom with the BeoLab 90, but it was with unfamiliar music and the setting was a typical noisy showroom. Still, I think it was an eye-opening experience. I have not had a chance to go back for a second listen but would be very interested to hear your thoughts.
I have not formally reviewed the BeoLab 90; in fact, I don’t know anyone who has. My experience with the 90 seems to be a little more extensive than yours in that I have heard it three times, but, like you, these were in unfamiliar settings and with music I don’t normally listen to. Still, I was so impressed the first time, which was at CES 2016, that I wrote “CES 2016 Shocker: The B&O BeoLab 90s Blew Me Away!” on our SoundStage! Global site when we were show reporting from there. The other two demos, which were in Denmark, only served to reinforce what I heard at CES 2016. That, though, is all I can tell you. . . . Doug Schneider