Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2017-11-23 - Revel's Salon2 -- Still One of the Best After All These Years?
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-01-15 - A 24/7 Mohican?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 October 2010 07 October 2010
To Doug Schneider,
I read your article on the Mirage OMD-28 loudspeakers saying they were a great speaker at the price of $7500. How good a bargain are they for $2600 per pair that I see advertised online now?
Thank you for your article and opinion.
Providing the speakers are identical to the ones I reviewed (i.e., Mirage hasn’t substituted cheaper parts or compromised the design in any other way), $2600 is an absolute steal for them. The only thing I'd warn you of is that you need a pretty powerful amplifier to get them to perform at their best. . . . Doug Schneider