Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2017-09-27 - More Thoughts on Active Loudspeakers
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 16 January 2011 16 January 2011
To S. Andrea Sundaram,
Is the Audio Research VSi60’s power enough for Wilson Audio’s Sophia Series 3 speaker?
Thank you for your time.
The Audio Research VSi60 is rated at 50Wpc, and I have no reason to doubt that rating. Fifty watts will drive most speakers in a mid-sized room to very satisfying levels.
The Wilson Audio Sophia Series 3 is rated at 87dB for a 1W input. Its impedance is rated at 4 ohms, but since the VSi60 has 4-ohm taps on its output transformers, you shouldn't have any trouble. . . . S. Andrea Sundaram