Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2011 07 March 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Just wondering which you would choose between the Simaudio Moon i5.3 and Classé Audio CAP-2100 integrated amplifiers. The Simaudio Moon i5.3 is no longer in production, but is one of my favorites. The CAP-2100 is one I would also like to have. Which is your favorite?
Thanks for your time reading this and responding.
These are excellent integrated amplifiers, so it’s not surprising that you like them so much. Which one would I choose? The answer is not as simple as just picking one over the other. The decision has mostly to do with what speakers I’d be using these amplifiers with, as well what the other pieces of equipment in the system are. Moral of the story: amplifiers don’t work in isolation, always consider the other components in the system, particularly the speakers. . . . Doug Schneider