Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 21 March 2011 21 March 2011
To Ron Doering,
I read your review [of the Legacy Audio Studio HD loudspeakers] and am thinking about heading down Route 55 to Springfield, Illinois, to audition a pair. I’m worried about your emphasis on the treble aspects of the speaker. Does it overemphasize the treble? I listen to almost everything and don’t want "tinny" speakers.
I wholeheartedly recommend that you give these speakers a listen. Far be it from sounding "tinny," I thought the Legacy Studio HDs worked magic with the treble, feeding me information from my favorite records that I didn't know even existed. Of course all depends on the sound you like as well as the source material and equipment, but if set up correctly, I think you'll be impressed with these speakers. . . . Ron Doering