Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 30 April 2011 30 April 2011
To Randall Smith,
I read a review you wrote on the B&W 684 speakers recently. What caught my eye were your review components. I have the B&W 803S speakers and I use the Krell S300i integrated to power them. I might make some changes in the future and was wondering how you like the Classé Delta CA-2200 or Simaudio i5.3? Thanks in advance for the response.
I recently had the Krell S300i in my system powering a pair of two-way Vivid V1.5 speakers and really liked it. While the little integrated amp isn't a real reference component, the user interface and overall sound made it a pleasure to own and have in my system. As far as how the Classé or Simaudio may better the S300i, I would say that the Classé would demonstrate more control over your B&Ws and also provide more push in the bass. It would also give your system more headroom. As for the Simaudio, it will give you greater transparency and a wider, more detailed soundstage. But, you will pay more to achieve the greater fidelity -- the i 5.3 sells for $4299, while the S300i is $2500. However, I also believe the user interface of the S300i to be more enjoyable to use than that of the i5.3, so that swings things again in the other direction. . . . Randall Smith