Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 01 May 2011 01 May 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Thanks for you informative review of [the JE Audio VL10.1 preamp]! I have been searching for a preamp for my Atma-Sphere M-60 amp. Your description of the sound of this preamp is very similar to what people have described about the Atma-Sphere preamps (MP-1 and MP-3). The price is similar to the MP-3. Have you heard the MP-3? I was wondering how it compares to the VL10.1.
I’ve heard good things about Atma-Sphere’s preamps, but, unfortunately, I haven’t heard them in my own system, so I can’t tell you how they compare. The only thing I can say is, if the MP-3 sounds like the VL10.1 it’s got to be very, very good. . . . Doug Schneider