Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-05-30 - Meitner Upgrade Worth It?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 01 May 2011 01 May 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Thanks for you informative review of [the JE Audio VL10.1 preamp]! I have been searching for a preamp for my Atma-Sphere M-60 amp. Your description of the sound of this preamp is very similar to what people have described about the Atma-Sphere preamps (MP-1 and MP-3). The price is similar to the MP-3. Have you heard the MP-3? I was wondering how it compares to the VL10.1.
I’ve heard good things about Atma-Sphere’s preamps, but, unfortunately, I haven’t heard them in my own system, so I can’t tell you how they compare. The only thing I can say is, if the MP-3 sounds like the VL10.1 it’s got to be very, very good. . . . Doug Schneider