Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2011 17 June 2011
To Randall Smith,
That was a really interesting review of the Boulder 865 integrated amp. I wonder if you've ever heard the Balanced Audio Technology integrated with the 6H30 tubes. It's better than the separates I used to own, but I don't know how it would stand up to more recent integrateds like Simaudio or Boulder. I would be interested in your comments, and I do recommend hearing the BAT if you haven't done so.
All the best,
I'm glad you enjoyed the Boulder 865 review. Unfortunately, I have not heard the BAT integrated. The 865 has a very precise and detailed sound that is neutral without being dry and analytical. It doesn't have the warmth of a tube amp, so it may not be your cup of tea. However, if you have the chance, please take the opportunity to listen to this special integrated. I loved having it in my system and hated to see it go. Let me know if you ever do hear it! . . . Randall Smith