Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 August 2011 15 August 2011
To Jeff Stockton,
I hope this e-mail finds you. I am responding to the review you did on the B&W CM5s. It was very refreshing to find an article on this particular speaker that didn’t involve very high-end wiring, amplification, and so on. I have an old Yamaha RX-V850 from the mid ‘90s that powered a pair of Polk RTA15s quite well. I had to part with the speakers and use an old set of Bose 301s, but am now in the market to put together a decent "class B" stereo. I’m pretty sure I can use the Yamaha for a while, as it is nothing like the newer ones rated at the same power. It’s a real beast at only 80Wpc. Keep up the good reviews.