Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 August 2011 15 August 2011
To Jeff Stockton,
I hope this e-mail finds you. I am responding to the review you did on the B&W CM5s. It was very refreshing to find an article on this particular speaker that didn’t involve very high-end wiring, amplification, and so on. I have an old Yamaha RX-V850 from the mid ‘90s that powered a pair of Polk RTA15s quite well. I had to part with the speakers and use an old set of Bose 301s, but am now in the market to put together a decent "class B" stereo. I’m pretty sure I can use the Yamaha for a while, as it is nothing like the newer ones rated at the same power. It’s a real beast at only 80Wpc. Keep up the good reviews.