Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2017-09-27 - More Thoughts on Active Loudspeakers
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 January 2012 24 January 2012
To Vade Forrester,
I congratulate you on your reviews of audio equipment!
Allow me to ask you a question about the Audio Research LS26 and the Bel Canto e.One PRe3: I possess a Pass Labs XA30.5 amp and would like to know which preamp you would recommend. Thank you for your answer.
I haven't heard the Bel Canto e.One PRe3, so I can't offer a comparison. I'd also need to know what type of music you prefer, how large your room is, what sources you listen to, what speakers you use, what cables you use, etc. A look at the specifications of the PRe3 shows that its input impedance is 10k ohms through its single-ended inputs. That impedance may be on the low side for use with tubed sources, if that matters to you. But I can tell you that I was impressed enough with the Audio Research LS26 to buy it, and would expect it to be a good match for the Pass Labs XA30.5. I hope that helps. . . . Vade Forrester