Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 06 July 2012 06 July 2012
To Doug Schneider,
I read your response in the SoundStage! Hi-Fi "Letters" section. In the interim, before you responded to my letter, I did have a chance to audition some Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 speakers and you were right. They were accurate, but not all that interesting and a bit dull and lifeless and no bass whatsoever. Didn't interest me at all.
Also heard some Audio Notes as well and you were right again. I have no idea how people could call that an exciting, interesting, musical speaker. It was completely average at best.
I will make a point of broadening my speaker horizons. You guys have been very accurate so far with your interpretation of the gear you review and describing what it sounds like.
I'm glad we're able to help and open those horizons. If you want to hear an "exciting, interesting, musical speaker," seek out Vivid Audio -- I think they're making some of the best speakers on the market right now. If those are too pricey or you can't find them, look for KEF's new R Series speakers, which are quite something. My review of the R500 will be online August 1. . . . Doug Schneider