Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 18 February 2013 18 February 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I just read the good review of the Anthem PVA 2 that forced me to buy one, but one thing I want to know: Is it possible to connect a different brand of preamplifier with the Anthem PVA 2? I don't have knowledge about audio components, but I am planning to buy one. That's why I decided to send you a message, so please let me know. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you so much.
To get to the point, the answer is yes. Depending on what you’re looking at, the combination might not be optimal, but I’m confident that it will at least be pretty good, since most preamps are designed to work with a broad-enough range of amplifiers. One thing to take note of, though, is that the PVA 2 has only singled-ended inputs, so make sure the preamplifier you get has single-ended outputs. That shouldn’t be too hard, mind you, since most do. . . . Doug Schneider