Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 20 February 2013 20 February 2013
To Doug Schneider,
When are we going to get a review of Ayre's new AX-5 integrated amp? Inquiring minds would like know if it's a KX-R/VX-R on a serious aluminum diet.
We're planning to review Ayre's new AX-5 integrated amp and the new VX-5 power amp this year, but, based on our recent correspondence with the people at Ayre, it's the VX-5 that will come first. I'll be the one who reviews it. More than likely the AX-5 will be going to Uday Reddy, but we're not sure when that will be, so I can't give you any kind of firm date on that one. The VX-5 will supposedly ship in a couple of weeks, but it's going to first go to BHK Labs for measurements before it makes it here. If it arrives here within, say, one month, I'll immediately place it in my system and aim to have the review published on May 1. . . . Doug Schneider