Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2013 07 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider