Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 12 March 2013 12 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I have not seen any announcement of the PMC IB2i review, so I would like to ask directly when you expect this review to be published.
I also would like to mention that I saw at PMC’s website that they will introduce a new top-of-the-line model in their Fact series at the Munich show in May, and that this model (Fact.12) will sit above the Fact.8 that Kevin Gallucci reviewed very favorably in SoundStage! Hi-Fi. They do not mention any details, but my guess is that it will be a full-range or near-full-range three-way, and, given how good the Fact.8 sounds, I am sure this will be something very special.
Thanks for following up. Your initial e-mail prompted a request from us to PMC’s Canadian distributor, Precor, for a pair of IB2i's for review. They immediately responded and said they would provide them, but it took them a little bit of time to get the speakers to us for review. This is normal, since it's often hard to turn around review requests on a dime. They ended up going to Aron Garrecht, because he had a real interest in finding out how they’d perform against his Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamonds, which are his references. Aron is finishing up the review right now. Providing he can meet our publishing deadliness, we’ll run it in Ultra Audio, our sister site, on May 1, just in time for the Munich show (which we’ll be at, by the way). . . . Doug Schneider