Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-09-03 - Blue Jean Cable or Anticables Instead
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- 2018-05-31 - Reference 3A de Capo Sensitivity Discrepancies
- 2018-10-13 - Herbie's Fat Dots
- 2018-09-01 - Upgrade Suggestion for the $926.95 System -- IsoAcoustics Stands
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 July 2013 17 July 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I’ve read the interesting reviews on the Meitner MA-1 and EMM Labs DAC2X DACs on the Soundstage! Network, and I’ve seen your “Blogging On Audio” article on the MA-1 DAC and PRE2-SE preamplifier [on SoundStage! Global].
I would like to know if the PRE2-SE is a very good model. And will you write a review to let us know your opinion on this model versus other preamplifiers in this price range? And how about synergy with the MA-1 or DAC2X in a system?
Congratulations for your nice and informative job with the SoundStage! Network.
Thanks for the kind words. The EMM Labs PRE2-SE preamplifier is excellent and, yes, I will be reviewing it, but not right away because there are a number of products in my review queue ahead of it. It’ll be done before the end of the year, though.
Right now I’m using the PRE2-SE with the Meitner MA-1 almost all the time, but I hope by the time that I review it the DAC2X will be here so that I can use them together to see how well that duo works. . . . Doug Schneider