Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 September 2013 24 September 2013
To Philip Beaudette,
I just saw that you reviewed the PSB Image T6 loudspeaker. At home I have PSB Platinum M2s with the Simaudio Moon 330A power amp and Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus DAC/preamp combo with a Mac Mini. I mainly listen to rock music -- Dylan, Ramones, The Clash, Violent Femmes, Pixies, and Nirvana -- and lot of jazz music, too.
I'm thinking to substitute the M2 for the T6 because the T6 has a lot more bass than the M2. Will I downgrade my system if I change the M2 for the T6, especially in resolution and imaging?
Thanks for reading and helping.
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe
Thanks for the email.
No, you won't be downgrading your system if you switch from the M2 to the T6. As you know, I owned the M2 for several years when I wrote the T6 review, so I was more than a little familiar with the sound before the T6 arrived.
There is no question the M2 does a great job imaging, and in this regard I preferred it over the T6. However, the T6 had an amazingly clean sound that made it easy to hear details in the music, and I found the resolution to be as good as the M2. Given that you also get the benefit of a much bigger sound with a far meatier and powerful low end, I think the switch to the T6 will be an upgrade for you, especially since you're looking to add some bass to your system.
Just make sure you can get the T6 speakers out from the wall a bit in your room to maximize their soundstaging capabilities, and I think you'll be happy with the switch. And you should probably cue up Doolittle from The Pixies as soon as you get them hooked up, because I think you're in for a pleasant surprise. . . . Philip Beaudette