Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 06 April 2014 06 April 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I would like to say that I find the SoundStage! Network such a great set of websites. The reviews are fantastic! I noticed that most reviews contain a "comparison" section, which I find is one factor that sets apart the SoundStage! Network reviews from other magazine and website publications. I also am proud that a Canadian is contributing so much to the audio industry. Keep up the good work.
A question I have: When reviewing the Paradigm Inspiration speakers, did you keep the grilles on or off for the majority of your listening? I know Paradigm meant the grilles to stay on the speakers, but I was just wondering what your preference was.
Thanks for the compliments. Back when, Paradigm designed their speakers to be listened to with the grilles on. Lately, though, that’s not necessarily the case. Before I reviewed the Inspirations I consulted with the designers and asked them about it. They told me that the speakers will perform similarly either way, but for the very best performance, the grilles should be taken off. That’s also how we measured the speaker at NRC as well. . . . Doug Schneider