Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-09-03 - Blue Jean Cable or Anticables Instead
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- 2018-05-31 - Reference 3A de Capo Sensitivity Discrepancies
- 2018-10-13 - Herbie's Fat Dots
- 2018-09-01 - Upgrade Suggestion for the $926.95 System -- IsoAcoustics Stands
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 31 May 2014 31 May 2014
To Doug Schneider,
A pair of your photographs from High End 2014 in Munich show Cambridge Audio's new Aeromax 2 and Aeromax 6 loudspeakers.
I happen to be curious about the floorstanding Aeromax 6 model. On paper it looks like a reasonably priced speaker that may work well in a typical owner's living room (a non-dedicated audio room).
Did you have an opportunity to listen to this latest Aeromax series with its newer balanced mode radiator? If yes, any initial impressions? Any chance of a review at some point in the future?
Cambridge’s Aeromax speakers do look interesting. From what we could tell, they are basically hot-rodded versions of the standard models. These are obviously appealing to me, given how much I liked the Aero 2 when I reviewed it. So if these are even better, they could really be something. Unfortunately, we couldn’t listen to either of the new Aeromax speakers in Munich, but I can’t see why we wouldn’t look at reviewing one or both in the future. . . . Doug Schneider