Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 10 January 2015 10 January 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I would like to commend Soundstage! Network on its CES coverage. Many products were covered, but what really sets SoundStage! apart for me are the high-quality photos. I can really get a sense of what the products look like with the pictures. Photos from other websites appear to have been taken with their four-year-old camera phones.
I’m certainly glad to hear that you appreciate the photos because it’s something I take pride in producing -- I take the majority of the photos for the show reports. I have always felt that they make a big difference.
As far I could tell, many journalists at CES were using camera-phone photos or inexpensive point-and-shoot cameras. While these types of cameras can take decent casual pictures, particularly outdoors, they’re not suitable for product shots at a trade show. Worse yet, many of those cameras and camera phones were indeed about four years old. . . . Doug Schneider