Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 21 March 2015 21 March 2015
To Doug Schneider,
It would be great to get some measurements on the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers. I’ve seen measurements in Stereophile, but none on distortion. Would you be able to do some on the Pioneers?
I agree that distortion measurements are valuable, though few publications publish them (if they do any measurements at all). I also agree that seeing how that particular speaker performs would be interesting since it sells for only $129.99 USD per pair and was designed by Andrew Jones, who is known for his work on TAD’s speakers, which are very expensive and are considered by many to represent the state of the art.
That said, we don’t have any pairs of those Pioneers here, and we don’t have immediate plans for a review. However, if I do come across a pair, I might pick them up, even if I have to buy them (they’re supposedly available for a song at Best Buy), and take them over to the anechoic chamber at Canada’s National Research Council and see what comes of it, since I would not mind knowing how they measure as well. . . . Doug Schneider