Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 28 May 2015 28 May 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I have been enjoying your writing and, based on your review, I bought the VL10.1 preamplifier and VS70.1 amplifier from JE Audio. I am pleased with the sound, and am using them in a biamp setup (another pair of amplifiers are the NuPrime Ref 20s).
But since you also received the Reference 1, I am interested in how you find the flagship of JE Audio compared to the VL10.1. Many thanks.
I am not surprised that you like your JE Audio gear -- the company makes great stuff. Just to be clear, though, I didn’t write the VS70.1 amplifier review, Vade Forrester did. Mind you, I did write the VL10.1 preamplifier review and I’m working on the Reference 1 preamplifier review right now -- literally. I actually stopped typing it to answer this. I hope for it to be published in a month or two, but if you want a bit of a sneak peek, read my review of the Crystal Cable Arabesque Minissimo speakers on June 1-- I used the VM60 monos and the Reference 1 preamp for part of the evaluation and the combination was fantastic. . . . Doug Schneider