Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2016 17 June 2016
To Garrett Hongo,
I suddenly find myself looking at DACs under $5000 (with a volume control). My search brought me to your (well written) review of the T+A DAC 8. Could you give me a short list of current DACs you like under $5k? Thanks in advance.
Nice to hear from you across the years. And thanks for your question and kind words about my review of the T+A DAC 8 ($3250). Other than the DAC 8, my list of current DACs with volume control under $5000 is fairly short: the Auralic Vega ($3500 and my reference), the Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus ($4995), and the Hegel HD30 ($4800) -- the latter two reviewed on SoundStage! Hi-Fi as well. My favorite moderately priced DAC is the Luxman DA-06 ($4990), but it has no volume control and therefore can’t directly drive a power amp. . . . Garrett Hongo