Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2016 17 June 2016
To Garrett Hongo,
I suddenly find myself looking at DACs under $5000 (with a volume control). My search brought me to your (well written) review of the T+A DAC 8. Could you give me a short list of current DACs you like under $5k? Thanks in advance.
Nice to hear from you across the years. And thanks for your question and kind words about my review of the T+A DAC 8 ($3250). Other than the DAC 8, my list of current DACs with volume control under $5000 is fairly short: the Auralic Vega ($3500 and my reference), the Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus ($4995), and the Hegel HD30 ($4800) -- the latter two reviewed on SoundStage! Hi-Fi as well. My favorite moderately priced DAC is the Luxman DA-06 ($4990), but it has no volume control and therefore can’t directly drive a power amp. . . . Garrett Hongo