Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2017-11-23 - Revel's Salon2 -- Still One of the Best After All These Years?
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-01-15 - A 24/7 Mohican?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 03 April 2014 03 April 2014
To Doug Schneider,
Here's a showdown for you!
The [Definitive Technology Mythos ST-L and GoldenEar Technology Triton One speakers] seem to have the potential to take on speakers costing a lot more. Comments from CES on the Triton One point this way and I have read snippets of the same for the ST-L.
These may be the two highest-value-performing speakers on the market. How about reviews of both so we can get an idea of how they compare?
I agree that these two speakers represent tremendous value; however, a shoot-out of them isn’t likely, at least not in the near future. We already have the ST-L in for review -- Roger Kanno has a pair and the review is scheduled to be published on sister-site SoundStage! Access in the next month or two. We’ll also include with the review measurements that were taken in the anechoic chamber at Canada’s National Research Council. We are scheduled to get a pair of Triton Ones for review, but that model is not formally on the market yet, so I don’t expect anything until summer, which will be well after the ST-L review is published. It’s possible that Roger will compare the ST-Ls to the Ones when they arrive, but only if the ST-Ls are still there. . . . Doug Schneider